Applications for Small Businesses
We offer enhanced cash incentives to businesses, non-profits, faith-based, and government customers that have a monthly demand of 60 KW or less over a twelve month period.
The incentives assist in achieving your energy efficiency savings goals while reducing long term operating costs in buildings. To promote comprehensive energy efficiency projects, the Program provides technical assistance and a broad range of eligible measures.
Quick Energy Check-Up identifies energy-savings opportunities.
- The assessment is performed at the customer’s convenience at no charge
- An approved Small Business Program contractor, from the Trade Ally Network, will install up to $250 of recommended low cost measures.
Cash incentives that can greatly reduce the financial burden of installing new equipment.
- Many incentives cover up to 80% of the program-estimated installed cost.
- Experienced contractors from the Trade Ally Network can perform the work, allowing you time to focus on other priorities.
- Small Business Energy Advance is available to assist with the customer’s share of the cost.
- 0% interest for up to 24 months, included in the monthly Pepco statement
The customer must meet the following guidelines to be eligible for the enhanced incentives:
- A Maryland Pepco customer with a commercial electric account.
- Monthly demand of 60 kW or less over the last twelve months and no more than 525,000 in annual kWh usage.
- Take advantage of the Quick Energy Check-Up.
- Implement a minimum of three low cost/no cost measures.
- An approved service provider of your choice must complete the project. (Find a Small Business Program Trade Ally)
- The account may not be a temporary, cellular or microwave transmission tower account, or vacant building.
- Parking lots, garages, or outdoor signage are qualified only when metered in a Small Business Program-eligible account that includes a building.
The Trade Ally can contact the program to verify the account is eligible to participate. Contact Us
if you would like to confirm your account is eligible. The account number, name of company and address found on the monthly electric bill is required to confirm eligibility.
Trade Ally Presents the Completed Quick Energy Check-Up (QEC). Once the customer-approved assessment has been completed and low cost measures installed, a report will be generated and reviewed with the customer. The QEC application, terms and conditions, No Cost/Low Cost invoice, and Commitment to Customer Satisfaction form must be reviewed and signed by the customer acknowledging completion.
Proceed to Step Two if a Quick Energy Check-Up (QEC), previously called the Walk-Through Energy Assessment, was performed within the last 3 years.
- Step Two
The Trade Ally will download the project application workbook and complete Application links are below. Refer to the tabs in the Excel –based document for detailed information including:
- Eligible measures and incentives.
- Instructions for submitting a completed application workbook, including standard and specialized documentation required. It is critical that the customer and Trade Ally follow these instructions throughout the process to ensure your project application is processed timely.
- Application with Terms & Conditions (T&Cs) and Commitment to Customer Satisfaction form to be completed and signed by customer.
- Workbook for calculating incentives and energy savings.
- Small Business Energy Advance application
Program Pre-Approval Required. Program staff will review the submitted documentation. Once the pre-approval notification has been received by the customer and contractor the equipment can be purchased and installed.
Complete Installation. The Trade Ally will submit the customer signed invoice and acknowledgment of project completion. All required paperwork, as detailed in the instruction tab of the application workbook, should be submitted at this time.
Incentive Check is Distributed. Following final approval processing, the Program will distribute the incentive check to the payee as listed in the application.
Applications & Forms
Select the application type to review the eligible measures, incentives offered and other important details.
Energy project manager
Energy Project Manager allows you to submit and track your energy efficiency projects from start to finish. Using the tool, you can submit your applications and track the status. Log in or create an account today
Have any questions about the incentives, your eligibility or how to apply? Contact us
and we can help you get started today.