OPERATIONS & MAINTENANCE TRAINING
Incentives are available for training courses which have a focus on reducing and conserving electrical energy within a customer’s facility.
Each approved applicant is eligible to receive a cash incentive up to a maximum of $1,000, or 80% of enrollment costs, per course, whichever is less (additional costs such as travel, food, lodging, test fees, and materials will not be considered). All applications must be submitted in advance for approval by the program office.
The courses below have been pre-qualified. The applicant has the option of submitting a course that does not appear on our web site for pre-approval by the program office.
Association of Energy Engineers (AEE)
Building Operator’s Certification (BOC) - Northwest Energy Efficiency Council- (NEEC)
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM)
- Certified Energy Manager in Training (CEIT)
- Certified Building Commissioning Professional (CBCP)
- Certified Lighting Efficiency Professional (CLEP)
- Existing Building Commissioning Professional (EBCP)
- Certified Business Energy Professional (BEP)
- Certified Energy Auditor (CEA)
Online BOC Training
- BOC Level I & Webinars Course Series
- BOC 102 – Energy Conservation Techniques description
- BOC 103 – HVAC Systems and Controls description
- BOC 104 – Efficient Lighting Fundamentals description
The BOC Technical Webinar series offers 4 instructor-led webinars annually. Nine on-demand webinars on technical topics are available round the clock.
- Energy Tune Up – Optimizing Outside-air Usage & Equipment Scheduling
- Energy Tune Up – Addressing Problems With Sensor Error and Simultaneous Heating & Cooling
- Top Four Energy Tune Up Opportunities
- Morning Warm-up Strategies for Lowering Energy Costs
- Lighting Retrofits: A Fresh Approach
- Demand Control for Ventilation – Using CO2 Sensors for Ventilation Savings
- Using Data Loggers to Improve Building Performance
International Association of Lighting Management Companies (NALMCO)
- High Performance Sustainable Building Investments
- High-Performance Sustainable Building Principles
- HP 2 course- High-Performance Practices
- The Design, Operation, and Maintenance of Building Systems, Part I
- The Design, Operation, and Maintenance of Building Systems, Part II
- Air Handling, Water Treatment, and Plumbing Systems
- Energy Management and Controls
- Refrigeration Systems and Accessories
- Electrical Systems & Illuminations
International Facilities Management Association (IFMA)
- Certified Apprentice Lighting Technician (CALT)
- Certified Senior Lighting Technician (CSLT)
Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED)
- Certified Facility Manager (CFM)
National Association of Power Engineers
- LEED-EBOM AP: Accredited Professional Certification (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design- Existing Buildings: Operations & Maintenance)
- LEED-NC AP: Accredited Professional Certification (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design- New Construction)
- Plant Equipment and Operations
- Air Conditioning I, II, III
- Heat Pumps
- Electric Motor
- The Engineer & Management
- Environmental Impact & Engineering
- Controls I, III
How to Apply
There are two criteria for the Operations & Maintenance Training Incentive which must be met in order to receive an incentive payment.
The Applicant must be:
- Assigned to work at a commercial and/or industrial facility within the Pepco Maryland territory and be present at that facility at least 50% of his or her working hours.
- Employed in a position of responsibility for the energy management of the facility or has the potential to influence the building’s energy performance.
In cases where the Applicant is a contractor and not a direct employee of the Pepco customer, a representative of the Pepco customer must sign the application to confirm that the Applicant is assigned to work at the customer’s facility as indicated above and that the customer supports the Applicant’s participation in the program.
Many of these certifications involve a number of courses; please submit one application per course.
O&M Training Application Workbook
Have any questions about the incentives, your eligibility or how to apply? Contact us
and we can help you get started today.