We offer cash incentives for installing a range of electrical controls in existing buildings. The use of occupancy sensors and personal controls in offices, hotel rooms, and other types of facilities can provide energy savings by preventing lights and other office equipment from consuming electricity when not in use. By participating in the Pepco C&I Energy Savings Program and using energy saving controls in your business, you can reduce the initial investment of purchasing this equipment now and reduce your operating and maintenance costs for years to come. Eligible equipment includes:
- Smart strips - $15 per power strip
- Personal occupancy controls - $30 per control
- Hotel room HVAC controls - $70 per room
- Hotel electric receptacle controls - $80 per room
- Vending machine controls - $75 per refrigerated controller
- Vending machine controls - $30 per non-refrigerated controller
Considering lighting controls? Visit Lighting Fixtures and Controls
How to Participate
Learn more about Program Eligibility and Application Process
To apply complete the Specialized Controls Application Workbook
and submit it to the Program office.
If you have questions, call or email our customer service office, below, and a program representative will be able to assist you.
C&I Energy Savings customer service: 1-866-353-5798
These programs support EmPOWER Maryland administered by the Maryland Energy Administration.